Re: Source file '.../killer-source.el' newer than byte-compiled file

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Source file '.../killer-source.el' newer than byte-compiled file
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 20:39:36 +0200

>> Its purpose is to tell you that Emacs loads
>> a .elc file that is older than the
>> corresponding .el file.
>> See load-prefer-newer.
>
> OK, so I should have that `t'! [...]
>
> Is there a downside to this, assuming the
> latest version is always the better, and
> b.elc *is* compiled eventually?

Wait... there is the obvious downside which
wasn't obvious enough for me to think of!
How can one assume that b.el is better than the
old b.elc *before* it has been compiled?

No, this idea stinks!

a.el should hold it compilation until all its
`require'd files are byte-compiled!

But how is that done?

--
underground experts united