Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing

From: Karan Ahlawat
Subject: Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 13:38:02 +0530

On 05/08/23 13:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
First, please reply to the list, not just to me in personal email
(please use Reply All or a similar function of your email program).

And second, I asked what do you want to achieve by setting
line-spacing, not how you would like to see the cursor displayed.  I
understand how you want to see the cursor, there's no need for posting
images.

Anyway, the only suggestion to have the cursor of the same height even
when you set line-spacing non-nil is to set cursor-type to 'bar.  Then
you will have the cursor displayed as a vertical bar whose height is
the height of the line.  We currently don't have a way of doing this
with the default box cursor.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm still trying to figure out my way around mailing lists and replies on the list.

By setting line-spacing, I want to add space above and below the line. I know line-spacing is only for space below the line, and as such have applied a patch to a local checkout of the Emacs source code to split the space evenly above and below the line.

Lastly, I did set the cursor-type to 'bar. While that works, the cursor now becomes opaque, in a sense, and I'm unable to see the character below the cursor.

Cheers,

Karan Ahlawat