Re: macros and macroexpand

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: macros and macroexpand
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 20:08:29 +0000

Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> writes:

> Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

You can modify your macro, to return a quoted expression.

(defmacro adder (mopi mopj)
 `'(+ ,(cl-second mopi) ,(cl-third mopj)))
  ^
  note this

This is synonymous with

(defmacro adder (mopi mopj)
  (list 'quote (list '+ (cl-second mopi) (cl-third mopj))))

which makes sense, if you keep in mind that the result of evaluating the
macro is what replaces the macro expression in the syntax tree.