help-gnu-music

Re: Compilation problem with Lilypond 1.3.98

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Compilation problem with Lilypond 1.3.98
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:53:46 +0200

> > See the patch in
> > http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnu-music-discuss/2000-October/000483.html
> >

> >     /Mats
>
> Ok, maybe I feel really stupid, but I have no clue what so ever how to
> "apply the patch". Can somebody please enlighten my ignorance???

In general, for Lilypond patches, you do
    cd lilypond-source-dir; patch -E -p1 < lilypond-1.3.xx.diff

(where lilypond-1.3.xx.diff is the file with the patch),
however this one I created by hand and I can't promise
it will work, even though 'patch' often can guess what to do.

(For this simple patch, you can do it by hand, the '+' sign
indicates lines to add and the '-' indicates lines to remove.)

   /Mats