help-gnu-music

Multiple platform install

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Multiple platform install
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:38:12 +0100

How do I install Lily for multiple platforms (no root permissions)?

I want to use "~/usr/" as prefix, but I want the binaries to be located
in "~/usr/$HOSTTYPE/bin/" instead of "~/usr/bin/".
Would it work just to "make" lily and then correct "~/usr/bin/" to
"~/usr/$HOSTTYPE/bin/" in the config-file. - And then "make install" one
time on each platform?
Will this cause trouble with $HOSTTYPE being replaced with the actual
hosttype instead of just being used as the env-var?

Hope you understand my silly english.

-Rune