help-gnu-music

Re: Multi-platform-install

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Multi-platform-install
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:04:39 +0100

> But now, when I try to install for multiple platforms I have problems.
> Installing on the first machine is no problem.
> But when i then log into another architechture and installs with
>
> ./configure --prefix=/users/rz/usr
> make all
> make install
>
> the make install fails.
> I have to delete the lilypond dir and unpack it again to do a succesful
> installation.
> it seems like make all does not recompile the files.

That's correct, you have to run 'make clean' to remove the
object files otherwise make thinks they are up-to-date.
If you do 'make -C flower' 'make -C lily' 'make -C midi2ly',
you don't have to rebuild the font files and other files that
are platform independent.

Did you take a closer look at the possibility to have several
'configurations', see INSTALL.txt. It's supposed to support
exactly your problem, but I've never tried it myself, though.

   /Mats