help-gnu-music

Re: Two Lilypond questions

From: Daniel Burrows
Subject: Re: Two Lilypond questions
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:40:50 -0500

  Thanks for the quick reply!

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:12:59AM +0100, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> was
heard to say:
> You didn't specify what Lilypond version you're using, so
> the answer below is for the latest development versions.

  Sorry, I forgot the first rule..

torrent:~> lilypond --version
GNU LilyPond 1.3.121.

  (debian unstable version)

> Yes, since version 1.3.96. See the example in
> input/regression/arpeggio.ly (or /input/test/arpeggio.ly)

  Ah, thanks!

> Unfortunately, the best solution at the moment is to
> explicitly remove the bracket for all but the top-most
> staff, using
> \property Staff.VoltaBracket = \turnOff

  This didn't work for me :( -- Lilypond complains that there isn't
type-checking info for "Staff.VoltaBracket", which I take to mean that that
variable doesn't exist, and indeed the bracket remains there.  I tried
"Staff.noVoltaBraces" as well, which I found in some of the example files,
but it didn't work either; and anyway, VoltaBracket looks like it's what's
used in the source.

  Any suggestions?

   Thanks,
  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <address@hidden> -----------------\
|                Exhilaration is that feeling you get just                    |