help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication problem

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication problem
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:42:19 +0300

Hi, Tony

> I'm new here so I'd like to say hello to all.

Nice to meet you :^)

> System authentication works well but when I try to log in thru Mysql I'm
> constanly being rejected with log message login incorrect, so I suppose
> there is a problem with password matching

It is supposed that the authentication table keeps either MD5 or DES
hashes of the user's passwords. Please make sure you don't store there
plaintext passwords or passwords encrypted via MySQL PASSWORD()
function.

> I also can not log in as ROOT even if I put in users to use
> Auth-type = Local.

The default configuration files use pseudo-account ROOT for
administrative access to the internals of GNU Radius daemon.
That is, this account can not be used to log in as a usual user.
If you have a Guile 1.4 or higher installed on your system, you
can use radctl command to obtain various information about the
functionality of the daemon using ROOT account. To do this,
run
        radctl -u ROOT -p <password>

Regards,
Sergey