help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Simultaneous-Use and Mysql

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Simultaneous-Use and Mysql
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:52:50 +0300

Hello, Cornel

> I thought that when using mysql the number of simultaneous connection =
> are counted from database .

That's not so. The information from radutmp is always used for detecting
multiple accesses, no matter is the sql used or not.

> I see that radutmp is empty even after a lot of auth and acct-start and =
> acct-stop.

These are the reasons which prevent the accounting information from
being stored in radutmp (as well as in sql table):

1) Incoming request misses User-Name attribute;
2) Incoming request misses Acct-Session-Id attribute;
3) Incoming request misses NAS-Port-Id attribute;
4) Attribute NAS-Port-Type has value Sync (1);
5) User-Name = "!root";

To examine contents of the incoming accounting requests, visit file
/var/log/radacct/<NASNAME>/detail (replace <NASNAME> with the actual
nas name from raddb/naslist).

Regards,
Sergey