help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] checking attributes per IP

From: Hakanson, David J.
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] checking attributes per IP
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:14:58 -0500

     I want to setup radius so it will authorize people from a certain IP based on a specific Radius attribute. So for example, let people in from 10.10.10.1 who have authenticated and have an Attribute named GROUP = 1. We have several modem pools which require different attributes in order to let users in. What is the best way to get this done? I haven’t found any documents in the radius manual to point me to a solution to this problem. The scenario I wish to setup would be:

    Users dialing into 10.10.10.1 need to authenticate as well as have the STUDENTS=1 attribute set.

    Users dialing into 10.10.10.2 need to authenticate as well as have the FACSTAFF=1 attribute set.

My raddb/users file has entries like:

student_username Auth-Type = Pam,

        Auth-Data = "">

        UMC-AV = “STUDENTS=1”

facstaff_username Auth-Type = Pam,

        Auth-Data = "">

        UMC-AV = “FACSTAFF=1”

where UMC-AV is a string attribute in raddb/dictionary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

David Hakanson

University of Missouri, Columbia

address@hidden