help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] revisit: causing disconnects

From: Andrew Kohlsmith
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] revisit: causing disconnects
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:53:36 -0400

I know we went over this a while ago but I'd like to revisit it and suggest an
alternative way to allow the radius server to cause a disconnection on a NAS.

At least to me, this *is* part of the authentication and accounting mechanism,
especially for per-hour users or systems which use a prepaid type of service.

Rather than using SNMP or some nas-specific way to disconnect, is it possible
through radius to send some kind of "time up" packet for a session ID?  If
so, is there a way I can tell the radius server to send such a packet for a
given user or session ID?

Regards,
Andrew