help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] MS-CHAP

From: Michael Samanov
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] MS-CHAP
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:57:28 +0300

Hi!

Today I figured out at last how to do Radius authorization using SQL
database.

As I can see, MS-CHAP (RFC 2548) is not implemented. So, Microsoft Point to
Point Encryption scheme (MPPE) can't be used with Radius auth. It limits the
usage of GNU Radius for MS VPN authentification.

Sergey, are there any plans to implement this?

What's the reason not to use "Auth-Type = Local, Password-Location = SQL" in
the "DEFAULT" label of "users" file?

Is there any workaround to make away with the necessity to put down every
user name into "users"?

Sincerely yours,
  Michael (mailto:address@hidden)