help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Mysql Radius Authentication consistancy?

From: Gerald
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Mysql Radius Authentication consistancy?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:04:05 -0500 (EST)

What are the workarounds people have used to get full authentication table
consistancy in mysql?

I currently have wonderful redundancy in authentication table since there
is one source and multiple destinations. Replication from a central mysql
server works great.

I have the radius boxes that run gnu-radius running the replicated auth-db
to allow them to act independantly in the case of an outage. Currently the
sqlserver file won't let you split authentication to a seperate database
than accounting. I'm still learning our RAS equipment to see if I can
split it there and have accounting info sent back to the central mysql
server. (USR Total Control boxes for the curious)

Another solution we are looking at is trying to run 2 instances of
gnu-radius. One would listen on a bogus accounting port and auth off of
local DB. The other would have a config that points accounting to the
central accounting server and listen on the proper accounting port.

Radprocess1:
        - sqlserver points to local DB
        - listens on 1645 and 9999 (or some bogus number)
Radprocess2:
        - sqlserver points to central acct db
        - listens on 1646 (for acct) and 9998 (for auth)

Does anyone have a better suggestion or examples of what I'm talking about
doing?

Thanks in advance for help. I really hope we have split DB capability in
gnu-radius soon.

Gerald