help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Spec for RPM

From: Dmitriy Gnidchenko
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Spec for RPM
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 22:13:56 +0300 (MSK)

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

> > when I build RPM
> > by default
> > --sysconfdir=%_sysconfdir
> > this is mean /etc
>
> This is wrong if you have not write permissions to there.
> Either
> do not use --sysconfdir at all, or set it to the directory
> writable to
> you. Setting it to /etc is wrong in the majority of cases.

Why wrong :) ?
It will be wrong in case if i realy install packet
but i want install full tree in my dir ../tmp/gnu-radius
than copy everything to correct path by manual

That do RPM-builder
1 - configure
2 - make
3 - make install (install full tree in tmp dir)
4 - do package RPM

after this i may do rpm -i somepackage.rpm

It will install everything in correct path
/etc/raddb/(all conf file)
/usr/sbin/(all deamon)
/usr/share/man/(all man)

and etc.

This is write path for making RPM package

--
С Уважением
        Дмитрий  address@hidden