help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Limiting Users

From: Andrew Kohlsmith
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Limiting Users
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:37:57 -0400

> Can anyone tell me in plain English how to limit users to one dialup at a
> time, so they cannot pass around their usernames and passwords to others
> to login?

Very simple:

From my /etc/radius/raddb/users file:

DEFAULT         Auth-Type = SQL, Simultaneous-Use = 1
                Service-Type = Framed-User, Framed-Protocol = PPP

You need to be able to have the radius server check with a NAS to see if
antoher user is logged in if it's not sure, and there is a config option
(checkrad_assume_logged) for what to do if RADIUS can't verify that the
user is logged in, but other than that that is all there is to it.

Regards,
Andrew