help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] auth-type attribute problem

From: support
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] auth-type attribute problem
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:57:10 +0400

Hello.
I have installed gnu-radius-0.96.4 on freebsd4.7.

I can set appropriate type of authentication in it. I've tried:
1. System with the following content of `users` file:

        # radius is the user I've created in the system
        radius  Auth-Type = System,
                       Simultaneous-Use = 1
              Service-Type = Framed-User,
                     Framed-Protocol = PPP

    but authentication fails

2. Pam. I'm not pam-guru, but as much as I know the following line have to be
    added to /etc/pam.conf:

    radius  auth    required        pam_unix.so      try_first_pass

    and `users` file so was modified as following

        radius  Auth-Type = Pam,
                       Simultaneous-Use = 1
              Service-Type = Framed-User,
                     Framed-Protocol = PPP
    but authentication also fails

I've turned on debugging mode for auth.c and pam.c auth.c,pam.c:
    /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -p 1645 -x auth.c,pam.c

    and in radius.debug I've seen the following (FOR BOTH CASES)
        auth.c:467:rad_auth_init: checking username: radius
        auth.c:784:rad_authenticate: auth: radius
        auth.c:320:rad_check_password: auth_type=0, userpass=32j4hjdysu^3sazx,
                                name=radius, password=NONE
        auth.c:372:rad_check_password:   auth: Local
        auth.c:1009:sfn_validate: 1 -> 17
        auth.c:1299:sfn_reject: REJECT: radius

So, as far as I understand gnu-radius used Auth-Type = Local  instead of
specified System and Pam in both cases.

Please help.