help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Couple of initial questions

From: Jesse Keating
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Couple of initial questions
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:24:16 -0700

Hello all.  I've been tasked with setting up a central management point for
short term wireless access accounts in a coffee store, and I thought that
Radius server might serve this purpose.  A couple of questions spring to mind
though.

A) Is there any such concept of a timed account to Radius?  We want our
accounts to be valid for 2 hours of network time, and expire 24 hours after
the initial login.

B) Is there any logging to see how long an account has been logged in totally
(between all the sessions)?

C) If using sql auth, does the service have to be restarted when new users are
added, or removed from the sql database?

D) Is there any such concept of an account that exists, but logins are denied
(and can we specify a reason)?

I think that about covers it for now.  Thanks!

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: