help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Exited on Signal 6 (Core Dumped)

From: jason . messer
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Exited on Signal 6 (Core Dumped)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:47:19 +0000

> > I just upgraded my Cisco AS5350 to a new Cisco IOS (12.2XB11) and now
> > gnu Radius does a core dump. I sure could use some help on this. I
> > verified this was the issue by downgrading back to the original IOS and
> > all is well

> Here is radius auth packet from cisco debug:

[snip]

It looks like parts of this output have run over themselves.

I think a good place to start would be to determine which packet
causes the core (the access-request or a subsequent acct-request),
and then find out how the packet contents have changed between IOS
versions. Are new AVPs being sent? New values? New VSA encoding?

> And here is the debug with debug level 1...
>
> Jun 14 04:20:32 files.c:759:hints_setup: called for `alyson'
> Jun 14 04:20:32 files.c:782:hints_setup: matched DEFAULT at hints:22
> Jun 14 04:20:32 files.c:822:hints_setup: newname is `alyson', username is
> `alyson'
>
> Any ideas on where to go from here?
> Thanks,
> Lewis

Is a core file generated? If so a simple 'backtrace' command can give
a good idea on what actually caused the core. A failed assert or an explicit
call to abort() seem likely causes. 'info frame' and 'info line' may also be
useful. Be careful with sending the core off to anyone since it may contain
shared secret or password data. If you can replicate the core at will I'd
suggest generating a core with passwords and secrets that are not actully used
on your network.

Hope that helps,
Jason