help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication failure again...

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication failure again...
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:40:59 +0300

Riikka Rikkola <address@hidden> wrote:

> Auth.error:(AUTHREQ local 39 -v): SQL authentication not available
> Auth.notice:(AUTHREQ local 39 -v): Invalid user [-v], CLID unknown

Radauth is a script that depends on a `#!' feature of your shell.
Evidently your shell is not able to pass any options to it, so please
use the simple syntax `radauth username password'.

> How can I get SQL authentication available?

1) Configure the package with --with-mysql, --with-postgres or --with-odbc
option, depending on the database you are running. Please read the
file README in the main distribution directory before doing that.
The file contains the description of all configure options as well
as the description of (hopefully) all most frequently encountered
problems when using them. If you encounter any problems not described
there -- write to the list. When running configure, pay attention
to the messages regarding the SQL interface you have selected. If they
say `no', then it means you have missed something/

2) Recompile the package. After that run `radiusd/radiusd --version' and
examine the `Compilation flags' line. If it contains the word
describing your SQL interace (USE_SQL_MYSQL for --with-mysql,
USE_SQL_POSTGRES for --with-postgres, or USE_SQL_ODBC for --with-odbc),
then everything is OK. If not -- return to the step (1).

3) Once you have compiled radiusd with the support for your preferred
SQL, read the section `Creating SQL database' in the README and create
your database following the instructions in this section.

4) When you have your database configured, populate it with the records
necessary for the authentication.

5) Modify your raddb/sqlserver to fit your SQL database. For more
information about that please refer to the accompanying documentation.
The online copy of it is available in various formats at
http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual.

Regards,
Sergey