help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radwho -o option problem

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radwho -o option problem
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:51:12 +0300

Norman Schmidt Jr <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just realized that a command that I was using in some scripts:
> radwho -ologin:8:
> and
> radwho -ologin:8
> which worked in GNU-RAdius 0.96.x, doesnt work anymore in 1.1.

Yes, the format for the -o option has changed. It is mentioned both
in the NEWS file and in the accompanying documentation. See

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_chapter/radius_12.html#SEC205

for the exact description. There are also several "canned" formats
now. These are also described there.

The format you need is:

radwho -o '(login 8)'

> After checking the man page for radwho I couldnt notice any changes in
> the radwho -o FORMAT sintax

Norman, manpages are not the authoritative source of information for
a GNU program! Each radius manpage contains the following section:

BUGS
       The information in this manpage may be obsolete or  incom-
       plete.  Please  refer  to  texinfo  documentation for full
       information about GNU Radius tools.

I guess I should have placed it right at the top of a manpage, not
near the end of it:^)

Regards,
Sergey