help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Proxying

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Proxying
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:22:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Azzopardi Konrad wrote:

> I want to implement proxying only for accounting. I have radius 1.1. Is
> it possible ? If yes how ?

One way to do it is have 2 instances of radius running. I've done
something similar for accounting redundancy on my radius servers.

Rad1 uses 1645 & 1646 and does auth/acct for normal users.
Rad2 uses 1812 & 1813 and does auth/acct for realm users.

Then point the realms file to the correct ports for the proxy accounts.

realms Ex:
# Realm                 Remote server[:auth-port:acct-port]  flags
#----------------       ---------------------           --------
proxyme.com             LOCAL:1645:1813                 strip

I set this up by creating a subdirectory in raddb called
accounting_configs and making a copy of all of the config files. The
startup script needed to launch the second one so I added:

/usr/local/sbin/radiusd -d /usr/local/etc/raddb/accounting_configs \
-P /dev/null -y && echo -n ' radiusd-accounting'

There's probably 3 or 4 ways to do what you are trying to do though.

HTH,

Gerald

- How are ya? Never been better, ... Just once I'd like to be better.