help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Error and acct_stop_query

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Error and acct_stop_query
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:49:56 +0300

Hi Morten,

> However a zero is appended to all NAS-IP-Address in mysql, like:
> 0217.157.161.246

Hmm, strange. I'll check this.

> I have a lot of theese - every 5th min:
>
> Tue Apr 27 08:56:53 2004
>         Acct-Status-Type = Stop
>         Acct-Session-Id = 00000000000000000000
>         Acct-Terminate-Cause = NAS-Reboot

Judging by this, the record indicates the reboot of the
NAS. Does it reboot every 5 minutes?!?

> Should this execute the acct_nasdown_query or the acct_stop_query ?

When a NAS reboots, it must send an accounting request with
Acct-Status-Type = Accounting-Off, then radiusd will execute
acct_nasdown_query. Upon startup, the NAS must send an
accounting request with Acct-Status-Type = Accounting-On, then
radiusd will execute acct_nasup_query. In your case, the NAS
obviously violates the RFC and sends a usual Stop request.
Back in the good old days that was the usual behavior of
Portmaster termservers running ComOS version <= 3.5.1b20.

Radius 1.2 distribution contains a Rewrite module for Portmaster
servers that rewrites the Start/Stop records into appropriate
Accounting-On/Accounting-Off records. The module is examples/comos.rw.
You can use it with a minor modification: the line 35 should read

 && (*%[Acct-Session-Id] && %[Acct-Session-Id] == "00000000000000000000")) {

Regards,
Sergey