help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Pam_ldap to Authenticate against Active directory.

From: Mark Campbell
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Pam_ldap to Authenticate against Active directory.
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:49:15 -0700

Hey guys,

I've been working for a few days setting up radius to authenticate again a
number of different authentication sources.  I would love to be able to
authenticate against our Active Directory machine.

I have the following in my raddb/users file:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Pam, Auth-Data = pam_ldap, Simultaneous-Use = 2
                        Service-Type = Framed-User, Framed-Protocol = SLIP

And I have edited /usr/local/etc/ldap.conf (I use FreeBSD 5.2.1).  I am able to
query the AD from the command line:

ldapsearch -v -h ad.itc.com -b "OU=users,DC=itc,DC=com" -s base -x -W -D
"CN=Admin,CN=Users,DC=itconvergence,DC=com"

which returns the OU reference.

When I use radauth to test the connection I get:

gluttony# radauth mcampbell
Password:
Aug 10 15:50:16 [11611]: (AUTHREQ local 23 mcampbell): PAM authentication not
available
Aug 10 15:50:16 [11611]: (AUTHREQ local 23 mcampbell): Invalid user
[mcampbell], CLID unknown
FAIL

This leads me to believe that I have a bad 'Auth-Data' value.

Any pointers from anyone who has a similar setup is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mark Campbell.
IT Convergence Operating System Administrator
<address@hidden>
Office: [608] 283 50 80
Mobile: [267] 257 12 78
Internal Ext:  630