help-gnu-radius

RE: [Help-gnu-radius] Pam_ldap to Authenticate against Active directory.

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: RE: [Help-gnu-radius] Pam_ldap to Authenticate against Active directory.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:40:28 +0300

Mark Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:

> Aug 11 16:23:41 [10273]: Login incorrect [mcampbell/passwd]

This means that the user 'mcampbell' was found in the database, but
the supplied password 'passwd' is wrong.

> I've treid to trun up the level of debugging (-x) however no more detail
> is being provided.
>
> Any pointers are appricated.

Try adding `level auth,pam;' in `category debug' block of your raddb/config.

> On a side note, since I installed from source I'm getting these errors
> in the logs.  However I believe they are secondary compred to the
> authentication issues.

These are severe errors. They mean that vital radius attributes are
not defined. Your radius configuration will probably be useless without
such attributes as Service-Type.

Regards,
Sergey