help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Admin assisstance

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Admin assisstance
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:46:12 +0200

neener <address@hidden> wrote:

> How do I go about determining how the request is supposed to be
> formatted and how the response is going to be formatted?  And then
> how do I get this information into the Radius configuration so that
> it can use it?

Examine your NAS documentation and determine what method can be
used to query it (SNMP, finger or other). Next, construct an appropriate
entry in raddb/nastypes. Possibly you will have to write a special
Rewrite function for analyzing the reply. See

http://www.gnu.org.ua/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_89.html#SEC177

for the general description of active session verification process,

http://www.gnu.org.ua/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_49.html#SEC118

for the description of raddb/nastypes and examples, and

http://www.gnu.org.ua/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_115.html#SEC208

for examples of login verification functions in Rewrite.

Notice also that since the NAS is operated by another company you will
have to contact their sysadmin and ask him to give you appropriate
permissions (SNMP community, etc) to query their server.

Regards,
Sergey