help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] selective simultaneous-use

From: Kenny
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] selective simultaneous-use
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:56:21 -0600

I've been playing with allowing multiple logins to a server (shell) while restricting logins elsewhere. based on our previous conversation I believe that the following setup is correct:

radiusd: GNU Radius version 1.3 (i386-unknown-freebsd4.10)
Compilation platform: FreeBSD
Debugging flags:
Compilation flags: USE_SERVER_GUILE USE_SQL_MYSQL USE_SNMP USE_LOADABLE_MODULES
Compilation defaults:
Ports in use:
 AUTH: 1812
 ACCT: 1813
Paths:
 configuration directory: /usr/local/etc/raddb
 logging directory:       /var/log
 accounting directory:    /var/log/radacct
 pidfile directory:       /var/run

users file:
DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = [shell's ip address],
        Auth-Type = Local, Simultaneous-Use = 3, Password-Location = SQL
        Service-Type = Authenticate-Only

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Local, Simultaneous-Use = 1, Password-Location = SQL
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-MTU = 576,
        Idle-Timeout = 1800,
        Session-Timeout = 43200

yet when someboby is already logged in on a portmaster we can see:
Auth.warning: (Access-Request shell 175 allsolar )Multiple logins: [allsolar] max. 1

I think I need a pointer on what else I should be looking at.
--
Kenny Dail <address@hidden>