help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Authenticate users from multiple realms

From: Scott Lambert
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Authenticate users from multiple realms
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:59:46 -0500

I've been looking for example of how to do this for a few days now, and
am about to run out of time.  "Multiple realms" and "multiple domains"
are not highly useful search terms for RADIUS authentication. :-(

The company I work for has purchased a couple other ISPs in the past six
months.

I am now working on merging dial-up and DSL aggregation.  My biggest
thing is the DSL aggregation.  For DSL, I am moving from having three
different NAS boxes to just one NAS.  The existing realm has not been
forcing customers to login with address@hidden  In fact, until
six months ago, it wasn't possible to authenticate with a realm due to
the old configs assuming there would only ever be one realm.

The new realms also have not permitted authentication with a realm.  To
cut costs, I now have to authenticate realm1, realm2, and realm3 on the
same NAS gear.  It would save hundreds, if not thousands of tech support
man hours, and annoyed customers, to be able to authenticate them without
the realms.

I would appreciate any pointers toward documentation or examples of how
to accomplish this.

address@hidden