help-gnu-utils

gprof

From: Dirk Habighorst
Subject: gprof
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:11:48 +0100

what does the following error message mean and why do I get it:
gprof: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data

I am compiling with gcc 2.95.2 with the following options:
gcc -g -pg -o foo foo.c

running the programm './foo' produces the 'gmon.out' file(binary).
running 'gprof foo' results in the error message mentioned above.

I am using Debian Linux with a Kernel 2.2.16

Thanks for your help!
Dirk
--
  Dirk Habighorst                       e-mail:dirk@epigenomics.de
  Epigenomics AG                        Tel.: +49-30-24345-0