help-gnu-utils

using ld to link object files

From: DR. N. B. Venkat Nagasuri
Subject: using ld to link object files
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:03:50 -0800 (PST)

Hello There,
I am sorry, I do not know whether it is correct place to send this
email or not.

Actually, I am unable to use ld diretcly.
I am following the thing mentioned in manual page. That is:

I have aa.c -> aa.o
         bb.c -> bb.o

ld -o aa crt0.o aa.o bb.o  -lc

It is not working.  I tried to link /lib/crti.o /lib/crtn.o .... No
use. Can y\ou please asvise me
how to directly link  files through ld. Ofcourse, through gcc I am
getting. Is there any good
source about gcc other than manual pages.

Thank you

Venkat