help-gnu-utils

Re: diff and ignore regex

From: James D . Veale
Subject: Re: diff and ignore regex
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 12:12:54 +0000 (UTC)

  The keyword and phrase processing facility of the

  Complite File Comparison Family at http://world.std.com/~jdveale

  has allowed you to ignore specified words for many years.  The utilities
  only know about plain ASCII,  so the diacritics may be another story.
  These utilities perform a word-by-word comparison and can be configured
  to be insensitive to changes in text flow.

  Jim Veale