help-gnu-utils

Installing gnu make

From: topherdaniel
Subject: Installing gnu make
Date: 1 Apr 2006 13:56:41 -0800

Hi,
I am trying to run a build file for my project. The build file is a .pl
file (perl) file. It utilizes an 'omake' build utility.
I want to change this build system to gnu make.
The perl command currently is !system("omake all").

I have dowloaded the gnu make utility. It is a bunch of files and I
don't know how or where to install it. I want to change the build line
in my perl script to !system("make all"). But how will this find my gnu
make utility? I don't know where to install the gnu make.

Could anyone please help.

Thanks