help-gnu-utils

Re: Problem with shared library

From: Henrik Carlqvist
Subject: Re: Problem with shared library
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:44:10 +0200

Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist@deadspam.com> wrote:
>> gcc -g theprogram.c -o theprogram
>> file theprogram
> theprogram: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
> dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Sorry about the confusion... In the message above I used ">" to mark the
shell prompt. However, I also use ">" to mark quoted text. The commands
gcc, file and strip was typed at the shell prompt and not quoted text from
the OP.

regards Henrik
hc8(at)uthyres.com Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
root@variousus.net root@localhost