help-gnu-utils

How can I make indent leave pointer type *s alone?

From: Chris Nelson
Subject: How can I make indent leave pointer type *s alone?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:56:16 -0700 (PDT)

When I run indent with various options I want against my source, it
does what I want but also messes with the placement of *s in pointer
types:

  -int send_pkt(tpkt_t* pkt, void* opt_data);
  -void dump(tpkt_t* bp);
  +int send_pkt(tpkt_t * pkt, void *opt_data);
  +void dump(tpkt * bp);

I know my placement of *s next to the type not the variable is
unconventional but how can I get indent to just leave them alone?
I've looked in the man page, the info page, and visited a half a dozen
pages that Google suggested and I can't find an option to do this.