help-gnu-utils

git/make for windows expansion of relative paths

From: Michael Powell
Subject: git/make for windows expansion of relative paths
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:57:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

As the subject states, that's my general question: how can it be done? I have a
relative path which I need to pass along to a utility program in terms of its
absolute path.

Thus far, attempts to do so using realpath, abspath, and a plethora of variants
have been foiled and do not seem to work properly. I bumped into one forum post
or another that seemed to indicate that make 3.81 (?) may be broken for Windows
along these lines, but I cannot say for certain.

As far a I know, I am using GNU make v3.80 as exposed by Git for Windows
v2.12.0.

Thanks!

Regards,

Michael Powell