help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] Suffix of jobfiles

From: John Collins (Xi Software Ltd)
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] Suffix of jobfiles
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 16:11:00 +0100

On 09/07/12 21:25, Ralf Kraudelt wrote:
Hi,

I try to unqueue a job in gbch-xq and to load this job in gbch-xr according to chapter 10.3.8 of the reference manual.

1. "Unqueue" in the delete menu doesn't delete the job in gbch-xq. The checkbox "Copy only, no delete" is without effect. Are there any conditions I haven't met? "Delete job" from the same menu deletes the job without problem.

2. When I try to load the unqueued job in gbch-xr, the unqueued job is not listed in the open dialog (File->Open job file). Perhaps there is a suffix filter active? My unqueued files have received their suffixes .xbj and .sh by gbch-xq. When I click the symbol in the left corner of the open file dialog, I can enter a filename. Entering the jobfile's name finishes with: "Bad format command file. Sorry, but the command file is of incorrect format." And so on... Does somebody know, how to open an unqueued job in gbch-xr?

Regards,
Ralf

I've tried to reproduce this problem without success, however I have found and fixed a number of other bugs in this area. I suspect part of the problem is the GTK file loading falls fouls of the setuids.

I must switch the thing to UNIX domain sockets rather than the hideous message queues PDQ and get rid of the UID schizoid stuff.

The suffix was meant to be changed to gbj rather than xbj,

Further to the musings I had last week I've changed the host file handling so that you need almost nothing in there now unless you want auto-connection on startup.

You can put

localaddress GSN(www.google.com,80)

in the hosts file to tell it to discover its own IP address by connecting with the given host and port and running getsockname.

I'll push everything up in a minute. I suspect another version is coming on.

I'll try and get the MS windows clients using PyQt done this month and probably next. Then I'll restart the next version.

--
John Collins address@hidden Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com

Phone: +44 (0)1707 886110 Home Phone: +44 (0)1707 883174
Mobile: +44 (0)7958 387247 (address@hidden)

Trading Address 3 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JT, UK

Registered in England Company Number 01977148 VAT GB 403 9239 64 R/O: 2 Mill Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 8BD