help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] load batch file

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] load batch file
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 12:42:12 -0400

On Thursday 04 May 2006 12:34, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> Hey,
>
> thanks for your Answers on my other posts.
>
> Now I have another Problem.
>
> I am write a circuit file with the simulate commands, but
> gnucap doesn't execute all commands?
>
> In my xterm i do,
> gnucap
>
> >>get mycircuitfile.cir
>
> Here is my "mycircuitfile.cir":
> * Spice netlister for gnetlist
> .model q2n2222 npn (is=19f bf=150 vaf=100
> + ikf=0.18 ise=50p ne=2.5 br=7.5
> + var=6.4 ikr=12m isc=8.7p nc=1.2 rb=50
> + re=0.4 rc=0.3 cje=26p tf=0.5n cjc=11p
> + tr=7n xtb=1.5 kf=0.032f af=1)
> Q1 1 2 0 q2n2222
> IDC1 0 2 DC 30uA
> VDC1 1 0 DC 10V
> .print dc ib(Q1) ie(Q1) ic(Q1) vb(Q1) vc(Q1)
> .sweep 10 IDC1=10u,100u
> .dc VDC1 1u 10 decade 10 >npnkennlinieplot.dat
> .END
>
> the sweep and the dc command only works from the gnucap
> commandline? Why?
> Is there a Workarround?

That is a known problem.

The "sweep" command does not work in Spice-batch mode.

If you really want  to run in in batch mode, use separate files
for commands and circuit.  Gnucap was designed to work this way
initially, 20 years ago.  The spice-command mode was added
later for Spice compatibility.

You can make a file of commands as you would type them
interactively, then run it batch by using input redirection
( gnucap <command-file ).

You can make the file by using the "log" command.

When I do real work with gnucap, I always use the interactive
mode.  Sometimes I use the "log" command, so I can do it again.
Sometimes I edit that file.  The method of defining command
blocks within a schematic seems awkward to me.

I see that you are using the "sweep" as a work-around for the
single DC sweep, so you can do nested sweeps.  The latest
development snapshot does nested DC sweeps, with up to 4
levels.  It could be more by changing one constant at compile
time.

While I'm at it ...  There is a new development snapshot
available:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2006-05-06.tar.gz

There will be an announcement soon, and it will propagate to the
other sites soon.