help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] sweep in decade

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] sweep in decade
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:46:22 -0400

On Monday 15 May 2006 14:32, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> How to sweep a Resistor in decade?
> I wanna do a simulation. Therefor i need to do a sweep.
> But this means to sweep a Resistor from 0 to 5e6 with 5000
> steps. Therefor it would be better to do a sweep in decade,
> but how can i do this?

The DC command can sweep resistors, too.  Unlike Spice, it isn't
limited to sources.

The sweep command can do a log sweep.  Just put the word "log"
ahead of the number of points....

gnucap>build
V1 1 0 1

gnucap>print op v(1)
gnucap>sweep log 11 V1 1 1e5
>>>op
>>>go

I showed a voltage source, and op command here because you can
easily see the result.  It works for resistors too, and you can
use any commands, like AC.