help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Re: using a pipe to make gnucap accept input from othe

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Re: using a pipe to make gnucap accept input from other program
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:10:28 -0500

On Thursday 04 January 2007 04:35, Hugo Coolens wrote:
> > In particular .. What does it do, or claim to do?   What
> > does its output look like?  (maybe include it in your mail)
> >  just how doesn't it work? etc...
>
> makespicefile is just a little bash-script I wrote. It just
> outputs a regular spice file. I just regret I  can't use it
> with gnucap the way I use it with regular Spice using a pipe:
>
> makespicefile | spice
>
> works but
>
> makespicefile | gnucap
>
> does not work

As I said before, you need to give more information if you want
us to help you.  Gnucap is not Spice.  It is not 100%
compatible.  Gnucap has some features Spice does not have, and
Spice has some features gnucap does not have.  You could have
the same problem moving between versions of spice.

Maybe you could post your script, some data, and what it does.
In your mail, put it in line as plain text, not as an
attachment.  Attachments really mess up the digest and
archives.