help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap development snapshot 2008-02-11

From: Orestes Mas
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap development snapshot 2008-02-11
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:47:17 +0100

On Monday, February 11, 2008 06:41:34 al davis wrote:
> This snapshot provides:
>
> Parameter expressions.  Values and parameters can have
> expressions:
> Rc (c vcc) {rload}
> Re (e 0)  {rload/10}
>
> Parameter statements can have expressions:
>
> .param rload = {v/i}
> .param v=10
> .param i=.001
>
> Note that they are not assignment statements, and in a typical
> programming language.
>
> In this case, rload is 10k
>
> If I change a parameter, everything changes to accomodate it.
>
> .param i=.002
>
> now rload is 5k
>
> This enhancement works with spectre and verilog modes too.

Can the parameters be swept in any way?

For example, to model a voltage divider using a potentiometer I enter the
following circuit:

.param alpha=0
Vg 1 0 DC 10V
R1 1 2 {10k*(1-alpha)+0.1}
R2 2 0 {10k*alpha+0.1}
.print op v(2)
**Here I'd like to sweep the 'alpha' parameter from 0 to 1 to simulate the
change of the potentiometer's cursor position. I've tried with the "sweep"
and "dc" commands, with no luck.

Orestes.