help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] spice models

From: Mogliii
Subject: [Help-gnucap] spice models
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 20:55:47 +0100

Hi,

I have a simple circuit with resistors, on LM317 (which makes a constant current source) and a TS274 opamp, which I want to draw with gschem and use gspiceui to interface with gnucap for simulation.

Unfortunately I have no clue on how to integrate spice-models, and documentation or tutorials are pretty limited, at least I feel as a 'GEDA'-newby.

I have found http://github.com/werner2101/spicelib , but it does not build or work. It has to patch the spice files to make them work with gnucap, but for some it fails and does not proceed.

For the LM317 I found also this spice model: http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.cad/browse_frm/thread/fbf84f10d86a4d23/e66bf3354362d541?q=LM317+spice+model&rnum=3#e66bf3354362d541

But again, no idea how to put this into gnucap and what properties I have to set for the components in gschem.

Maybe a minimal example will help me to get into the process and I can do the other components by myself.

Any input appreciated. I am working on ubuntu 10.4