help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] Newbie question: using Vsupply command in batch mode?

From: Duncan Bayne
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Newbie question: using Vsupply command in batch mode?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:05:26 +1000

Hi All,

I am simulating a circuit with Gnucap, and I'm automating several
steps in a Makefile:

=====
all:
        gnetlist power_switch_replacement.sch -s -g spice-sdb -o
power_switch_replacement.net
        gnucap -i power_switch_replacement.gnucap
=====

I've created power_switch_replacement.sch with Gschem. The Makefile
generates a net from that and opens it interactively in Gnucap, after
running the commands in power_switch_replacement.gnucap:

=====
get power_switch_replacement.net
model BC548 NPN
Vsupply +9v 0 9
list
=====

Unfortunately this doesn't work. The get, model and list commands run
correctly but the Vsupply command fails:

=====
Vsupply +9v 0 9
^ ? what's this?
=====

If I run the command manually (admittedly after a build directive) it works:

=====
gnucap> build
>Vsupply +9v 0 9

gnucap> list
<snip>
C1 ( 1 2 )  100.u
Q1 ( 1 4 0 )  BC548 NA( 1.)
Q2 ( 3 2 0 )  BC548 NA( 1.)
R1 ( +9v 1 )  1.K
R2 ( +9v 2 )  1.K
R3 ( +9v 3 )  2.2K
R4 ( 4 3 )  2.2K
.model BC548 npn ( <snip> )
Vsupply ( +9v 0 )  DC  9.
=====

I suspect I'm missing something fundamental about the way Gnucap
works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

(FYI, I've also posted this as a question to
electronics.stackexchange.com at http://goo.gl/8f1bt.  Feel free to
answer it there if you'd like the karma.)

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420 817 082 | web: http://duncan-bayne.github.com/ | skype: duncan_bayne