help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Gnu cap src help

From: _griv
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Gnu cap src help
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

Felix Salfelder wrote:

> is there any reason why you chose gnucap? gnucap does a lot to do fast
> numerical simulation of electrical networks, which is hardly needed for
> network reduction. also, a resistor network can be easily represented by
> a triangular incidence matrix over nonnegative numbers. using the gnucap
> data structures looks like overkill...
>
> but of course i might be missing something, i'm just curious.
>
> regards
> felix

I am sure gnucap is quick enough and obviously its code is much more
complete
than the code i could add. So my goal is to understand how the code works as
it is
already implemented. The main reason why i chose gnucap is because it is
open source
and and the reviews i 've read about it have been good. But, reading its
code made me have second thoughts because it seems complex. As i have read
in one of your replies in another thread, there might be easier to
understand programs in order to find what i want. What do you suggest?

Chris