help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] diode models

From: John Griessen
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] diode models
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:10:06 -0500

On 07/23/2016 02:42 AM, al davis wrote:
As Felix said, the "native" diode model doesn't implement breakdown.
That's OK.  I like the idea of using as much native as I can, so I can be ready
to help develop gnucap later.

For now, using HV diodes, I found this:
https://leicesterraspberrypi.wordpress.com/projects/modelling-a-diode-for-use-in-spice-simulations

Running that script with an input file like:

============mcc_4kv_diode_R3000-V-I.dat==================
1.4     009
1.6     025
1.8     060
2       099
2.2     135
2.4     180
2.6     220
2.8     260
3       310
3.2     350
3.4     400
3.6     430
3.8     470
4       500
============mcc_4kv_diode_R3000-V-I.dat==================

where the units are volts and milliamps,
gives the parameters:

address@hidden [pulser-simul-cultshock]./diode_model_curve_fit.py
mcc_4kv_diode_R3000-V-I.dat
Fit converged in 217 iterations with the following parameters
IS = 1.67253115538e-08
N = 3.98407657291
RS = 4.16606158811

and it draws an I-V curve with your points and an analytic function fitted to
them to use as visual sanity check.

John Griessen