help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] What is a good way to get joules integrated in a .dat

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] What is a good way to get joules integrated in a .dat output?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:43:31 -0400

For more info on how measures work, see the manual ..

http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:commands:measure

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 13:31:21 -0500
John Griessen <address@hidden> wrote:

> How do you print x if it is not a function of time?  If it is just a single
> number,
> it would need a time to start and stop.

If you don't specify a start and stop, it does the whole thing.  By
using the "integral" measure along with "cross", you can specify by
characteristics of the waveform where to start and stop.

> I was hoping for a way to get a waveform with
> the same step sizes as the usual .print tran v(vin) i(C2) v(v2)
> v(vout) i(R3) i(R2) pd(R3) pd(R2) gives.

Probes do not do heavy calculations.  They just show what is there
inside already.  Also, probes do not influence the circuit.

A running integral would be a heavy calculation in this sense.  If you
need a running integral, one way to do it is to make a circuit.

Felix advise to try gnucap-adms would be good, except that it doesn't
work correctly.

But you can make a device to do things like this.  See d_meter.cc .