help-gnucap

Re: libtermcap

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: libtermcap
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 21:42:03 +0100

Hey Karl.

On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 06:52:55PM +0100, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> 1, what systems should gnucap support, and how old ?

Don't know. I see no reason to break the build process on old systems,
just because they are old.

(I can see the issue with the dependency on readline. The code must be
refactored so libgnucap does not depend on readline. The kludge in the
build system is a cosmetic one and not particularly relevant.)

> 2, do you want to scrap gnucap configure scrips and use autotools
>    instead ?

There is no need to scrap anything. Use whatever works.

I'd be happier if the autotools build worked on more/all old/new
platforms, but I am not going to implement or test it. Send patches...

Best wishes
felix