Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet fails to compile

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet fails to compile
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:40:41 -0500

On Thursday 04 April 2002 07:53 am, guus wrote:
> hi
>
> i have the same problem jeroen discribed exept that gnunet prints done
> before it starts eating my cpu.
>
> when i tryed the cvs version as suggested it failed to compile.
> my os is freebsd 4.5
> this is the error message i got
> tcpserver.c: In function `writeBack':
> tcpserver.c:191: `MSG_NOSIGNAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
> tcpserver.c:191: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> tcpserver.c:191: for each function it appears in.)
> *** Error code 1
> is this a bug or a error created by my faulty system administration

BSD specific bug. As far as I recall, Blake put a #define for this somewhere.
Should be easy to fix. I don't have BSD, though.

> p.s.
> Some of the ipadresses in de hosts file are on local networks. Is there a
> special reason for this?

Well, many people seem to run it on their local network and still try to
connect to the outside. GNUnet is currently not clever enough to detect local
IPs and discard the host-files. They eventually (after a couple of weeks)
timeout, though.
In some version (0.3.4?) we should have some provisions to deal with this
kinds of problems a bit more gracefully.

Christian