Re: [Help-gnunet] libextractor_ogg does not work / 0 hosts again / mant

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] libextractor_ogg does not work / 0 hosts again / mantis/mozilla broken?
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:11:20 -0500

On Sunday 30 March 2003 08:59 am, Christian Drechsler wrote:
> hi there!
>
> after not using gnunet for some time, i just downloaded the newest
> versions of gnunet and libextractor. there are some problems mainly with
> libextractor: the ogg plugin doesn't work and there seem to be problems
> with finding the shared libs. some examples:
>
> address@hidden:/data/ogg/Phish/A Live One 2$ extract Phish\ -\ A\ Live\ One\
> 2\ -\ 01\ -\ Wilson.ogg Loading library
> libextractor_mime failed (file not found)!
> extract: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libextractor_ogg.so.0: undefined
> symbol: ov_open_callbacks

Hmm. Which version of the libvorbis and libogg libraries do you have
installed? (works here, as usual...)

> address@hidden:/data/home/zottel/mp3/Pyranja/Im_Kreis$ extract
> 01_Pyrania_Im_Kreis.mp3 Loading library
> libextractor_mime failed (file not found)!
> description - Pyranja: Im Kreis (Im Kreis)
> date - 2001
> album - Im Kreis
> artist - Pyranja
> title - Im Kreis

See below, I found out what is wrong with the mime-extractor ^_^ :-)

> inserting/indexing via gnunet-gtk doesn't work at all, or better: doesn't
> find any keywords by itself. it produces the following output whenever i
> select a file:

> libextractor_mime failed (file not found)!

Hmm. This looks like there was some whitespace in front of the name of
"libextractor_mime". There was actually a little problem in the code
(whitespace after backslash) that, depending on your C compiler may have
produced that. So I guess this explains the mime problem (fixed in CVS).

> i saw a tip somewhere saying i should change DSOEXT to "" in
> gnunet.conf, but if i do so, gnunetd won't start at all because it fails
> to find libgnunettransport_*.

Vids and I just gave libextractor's plugin mechanism a spin, hopefully fixing
various known problems. There's no release yet, but I would encourage you to
try the CVS code and report back to us if it works now. CVS checkout for
libextractor is the same as for GNUnet just with "checkout Extractor" instead
of "checkout GNUnet". The new code should no longer require any of the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH/DSOEXT nuisance.

Christian