[Help-gnunet] setting up a strict f2f network

From: ug
Subject: [Help-gnunet] setting up a strict f2f network
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:23:39 +0100

Hello,

we are trying to setup a strict f2f network with gnunet. But we are
currently struggeling a bit with the text configuration as little
documentation is found. (we have nodes unable to run the gtk setup)

We dont want any other clients involved in our network, not even for
routing purposes. During the setup we noticed constant network i/o and
even disk i/o. So i commented the servers section in the [hostlist]
configuration, to never gain information about other peers. correct?
I understand that routing and the tmpstorage is crucial to the
anonymity, but not needed in our case.

Therefore, it was my understanding that we should use a Zero anonymity
level, to achieve client-to-client connections for the filesharing. As
your documentation states, both, the publisher and the downloader have
to specify no anonymity, but we were unable to figure out how the
publisher could agree to such a level.

To prevent any tmp storage on other nodes, we switched CONTENT_CACHING
to NO. But still unsure if this is sufficient.

Is the assumption correct, that the private ~/gnunet.conf supersedes the
default configuration at /etc/gnuntd.conf?

tl;dr:
we tried to achieve a strict f2f network, with tcp client-to-client traffic:
I've pasted my gnunetd.conf file: http://pastebin.com/X102SXpL

Any assistance would be great, as we'd like to share our experience and
write a small guide for this type of gnunet setup.

Kind regards,
ug