help-gnustep

Forwarded message: Thinking about GNUstep !

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Forwarded message: Thinking about GNUstep !
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:21:00 +0200 (CEST)

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Thinking about GNUstep ! Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:11:48 +0200 User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2 i686; de-DE; m18) Gecko/20010131 Netscape6/6.01
Hi there !

I really have some questions about GNUstep.
(I think there will be many people who asked the same allready but I did not find a statement)

Does it get supported anymore ?

I really like WindowMaker and the Apps written with GNUstep seem to be quite nice. I think it's however nicer and more consistent than KDE or GNOME. I really would like to develope Apps with GNUstep but I even can't install it on my linux machine after downloading everything. I can compile all except the gui, guile examples and xgps....base make and libobj work!

Is there a HOWTO which does not only say compile all the packages above....because this does not work.

The other thing is about the MacOS X compatibility.
The links to the Apple developer site on www.gnustep.org link to apple but there is only mentioned that NeXT products are no longer supported.....

SO:

Do Apps written with GNUstep easily compile on MacOS-X ?

Is it worth getting into GNUstep and no waste of time because of not beeing supported any more ?

Do GNUstep Apps run without GNUstep on KDE or GNOME or even twm ?

Should I begin learning more about GNUstep or just use qt-lib and forget about all that here ?

--- End Message ---
[...]

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998