help-gnustep

Re: compiling 1.3.0 under cygwin

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: compiling 1.3.0 under cygwin
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 10:24:42 -0700

Fred Kiefer wrote:

For me, being rather inexperienced with cygwin, this looks like you made
a mistake while compiling LIBXML2 and now the resolving of the symbols
from this library fails for variables, while the linker somehow manages
to fix it for functions.

Did you compile libxml2 as a dll and if so did you create a lib.a file
as well? Creating and using a dll under cygwin is a rather complex issue
which currently nobody in the GNUstep community fully understands (Ok,
Stephen Brandon and Adam Fedor may).

I don't know if anyone understands them ;-)

I haven't tried libxml2 on cygwin. Likely as not, it could be broken (at least half the DLLs I've tried are). Perhaps it doesn not properly export the right variables.

Any way it's not absolutely necessary for GNUstep, so you might try without it.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you